The ribbon was cut on a refurbished Central England Co-op store in Northamptonshire which has been transformed through a major investment to create a more modern and sustainable food store for the local community.
The food store in St Osyths Lane, Oundle has been completely refreshed with a brand new look and a host of new features, and follows the relaunch of the retailer’s Thrapston store last month.
Investment in the Oundle store has seen changes, including:
- New features inside such as zero waste refill stations, one offering products such as cereal, coffee, pasta, rice and dried fruit and another offering products such as shampoo, conditioner and washing-up liquid. As part of a partnership with Fieldfare, there are also ‘scoop your own’ frozen ingredients, including a range of items such as pastries, Yorkshire puddings, Cornish pastries and fishcakes, all part of long-term efforts to reduce plastic packaging and waste.
- All-new eco-friendly refrigeration and lighting, a recycling station and free water refills
- New vending machines and a kiosk, a new take-out section with hot food, Insomnia Coffee, Tango Ice Blast and F’real Milkshake, an iSqueeze freshly squeezed orange juice machine and new guest restrooms with changing tables
- New product ranges, including newly sourced local products
- Exterior improvements including updated signage and a free bike repair station and seating for the local community
Jonathan Quinn, Store Manager of Oundle Central England Co-op, said: “It has been such an exciting day to finally unveil our brand new look and we are all delighted that this store has been chosen for such a significant makeover which provides our customers and members a much improved shopping experience and exciting new ranges and features.
“I would like to thank our fantastic community of Oundle for their patience while the work took place to bring this transformation to life. I hope now that they have seen the final result, they will agree with us, that was worth it.
The St Osyths Lane store is open from 8am to 9pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays and offers a wide range of products from daily necessities to something a little more special. This includes fresh fruits and vegetables, an in-store bakery offering breads and pastries, fresh beers and wines, and Irresistible and Fairtrade product lines.
There is also Lottery, Paypoint, Collect Plus and foreign currency, a free ATM and a life-saving defibrillator for the local community.