Irctc resumes ready meals service on all trains; Here’s how to place an order

Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has resumed meal service on all trains from Monday, February 14. The move comes more than a year after the company shut down the service due to the spread of COVID-19.

The railways resumed cooked meal service on most of their services last month. IRCTC’s ready-to-eat meal service will also continue.

“Cooked food has already been restored in 428 trains. Of the total number of trains, cooked food had already been restored in 30% by December 2021, 80% by January 2022, and the remaining 20% ​​will be restored from ‘by February 14, 2022,’ the railroads said.

India reported 34,113 new coronavirus infections on Monday which took its tally to 4, 26, 65,534, while active cases fell below 5 lakh after about 37 days, health ministry data shows. of the Union. Daily COVID-19 cases have remained below 1 lakh for eight consecutive days now. The number of people who recovered from the viral illness rose to 4,16,77,641 and the case fatality rate was recorded at 1.19%.

The national COVID-19 cure rate further improved to 97.68 percent and a reduction of 58,163 cases was recorded in the number of active COVID-19 cases within 24 hours, it said. the Ministry.

Launched in 2014, IRCTC’s online catering service allows passengers to order a range of food items from well-known brands and regional operators online, and the food is delivered to the seat. The program has been successful, with IRCTC receiving up to 20,000 daily orders before the pandemic.

This is how you can order food through the official IRCTC website

  • Go to the official IRCTC online restoration site
  • Enter the 10-digit PNR number and click the Continue button
  • Select food items from hotels, restaurants, etc. listed.
  • Confirm order and make online payment or cash on delivery
  • Food will be delivered to the seat
  • (Edited by : Amrita Das)

    First post: STI