Summer food service program to begin soon – Sheridan Media

The Wyoming Summer Food Service program for children offered by the Wyoming Department of Education is starting soon. Each summer, the program delivers thousands of meals to children and teens in Wyoming.

“Classes will be over soon, and children and teens in Wyoming don’t have to go hungry because their school is closed,” said Amanda Anderson, nutrition program consultant with the U.S. Department of Education. Wyoming. “We are filled with summer food program sites from coast to coast. Finding a program near you is just a few clicks away.

The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) website includes a link to a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) map where Wyoming families can easily identify the nearest restoration site(s). of them. Information is available herecall 211 or contact Amanda Andersen at (307) 777-7168 or [email protected]

The Summer Food Service Program is a federally funded and state administered program. The program reimburses vendors who serve free healthy meals to children and teens during the summer months when school is not in session. In addition to serving food, summer dining sites often include activities students can do during the summer, including crafts and games.

About the Wyoming Summer Dining Program

The USDA’s Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), also known as the Summer Meals Program, provides children and teens with free meals when school is closed. There are several ways for local organizations to participate in the summer meals program. In Wyoming, the program is offered by the WDE.

Pursuant to the Federal Civil Rights Act and USDA civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or retaliate or retaliate for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by the USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternate means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audio tape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the agency (state or local ) from which they applied for benefits. People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech impairments can contact the USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be available in languages ​​other than English.

To file a complaint of discrimination in the program, complete the USDA Discrimination in the Program Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any office from the USDA, or write a letter addressed to the USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to the USDA by:

  1. mail: US Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email: [email protected]